In addition to general dermatology and Moh’s surgery, Boulder Dermatology offers the following services. If you think one of these might be right for you, please schedule a consultation with one of our providers to discuss their benefits in detail.
What is Botox® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time.
PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY (PDT)
Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) is a special treatment performed with a topical photosensitizing agent called Levulan, activated with the correct wavelength of light. We use the BLU-U device and/or V-Beam laser in our office. These treatments remove sun-damaged, precancerous zones and spots called actinic keratosis (AK). Sun damage and blotchy pigmentation are also improved. These treatments have the unique ability to minimize pore size, reduce oil glands, and to treat acne. Sun-damaged skin and active acne can improve dramatically.
Skin Ceuticals Products
Tretinoin is a Vitamin A derivative used to effectively smooth and soften facial skin. Tretinoin is a prescription cream or gel used to smooth roughness on the face, to lessen the appearance of fine lines, to even the skin tone, decrease wrinkles, even out variations in pigmentation, treat acne, decrease size and amount of blackheads, and improve the overall appearance of facial skin.
Latisse an (Allergan product)
is an FDA-approved treatment to grow eyelashes for people with inadequate or not enough lashes.
Elta Sunblocks combine chemical sunscreens that block UV-B rays with the broad-spectrum protection of zinc oxide to block UV-A rays, the rays that cause premature aging of the skin.
- EltaMD UV Sport SPF 50: This exclusive waterproof formula with SPF 50 is great for swimmers, runners, golfers, cyclists, snow skiers and other outdoor athletes. It is safe for use with children and won’t rinse off in water or drip into eyes and sting when sweating.
- EltaMD UV Facial SPF 30+: EltaMD UV Facial SPF 30+ is an advanced moisturizer, specially formulated for the face. It offers the added benefit of Z-Cote, a patented form of micronized zinc-oxide, providing broad-spectrum protection from both UV-A and UV-B rays of the sun. Z-Cote is a highly recommended ingredient for those who are serious about protecting their skin from sun damage. Ideal for normal to dry skin.
- EltaMD UV Lotion SPF 30+: EltaMD UV Lotion SPF 30+with Z-Cote moisturizing lotion for the whole body with UV protection. Apply daily after showering. Safe for all skin types and great for the whole family.
- EltaMD UV Daily SPF 40: EltaMD UV Daily SPF 40 is a light, sheer daily moisturizer with UV protection for the face, either alone or under makeup. Paraben free.
- EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41: Tinted EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41 is chemical free, natural mineral UV protection, oil-free, paraben free, and fragrance-free. It is water resistant and ideal for very sensitive skin and children.
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46: EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 calms and protects sensitive, acne-prone skin. Its very lightweight, oil-free formula leaves no residue on your skin’s surface and is formulated for use alone or under makeup every day.